The Montreal Impact Soccer Organization will have to wait a little longer before being able to assemble for practice or physical training.
Six other MLS teams have welcomed back their players for similar activities, acknowledging that all returns were on an individual and voluntary basis.
Most of these teams are said to have met at their respective training centers since Wednesday.
The organization directed a request to the Regional Directorate of Public Health of Montreal. This plea was in hope that the team be granted permission to resume a team based regimen of physical training at the Nutrilait Center on Avenue Letourneux, in Montreal.
The MLS had previously suspended all its activities on March 12th.
The Montreal Impact's request also included an explanation saying they have already devised a very strict plan to put in in place with reserved parking lots, a sanitary station, requirement of the wearing of a mask and divided grounds so that the players can fully respect all physical distancing rules.
The DRSP replied to them that professional sport is not one of the priorities for the moment reminding them that gradual resumption of economic activities are defined at the provincial level.
"We are surprised by the public health decision, especially because we offer a training place for the fitness of players according to a protocol that makes the Nutrilait Center really more sanitary and safe than public spaces in the city" Said the club in a statement to the Journal de Montreal .
The Impact won the Canadian Championship in 2013, 2014 and 2019. The club plays its home games at Saputo Stadium and is coached by Thierry Henry.
Journal de Montreal
Photo attribution By Gates of Ale - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=2097567